Russian version

English version

Wednesday, 5 August 2015

LONG TIME NO POST. moving

Well, long time no post, the usual. We all know it – the longer we don’t write blog posts, the harder it is to get back to it. I’m trying, believe me, I’m trying. Here’s the excuse I have (this time, an actual one): I’m moving to another city. Ta-da!
In less than two weeks I’ll be on a 14 hour train to St. Petersburg, with a suitcase, laptop and a camera, filled with hope to build a life that I’ll enjoy living. And blogging is a part of it. I have a few big and small ideas for this space of mine, but first, why move?
St. Petersburg, being the cultural capital, is impossible to forget once you’ve been there. I first visited that gorgeous city when I was 8 and I couldn’t get over it ever since. My family and I went there every summer for almost a decade and I always knew that someday I would stay there for good. And that is what’s going to happen this month. And it’s scary. And plans changed a lot. And I almost talked myself out of it once or twice. And thanks to all of the above, I know I really want to do it.
I’m not telling you all the details yet, but here are some photos I took two years ago on my last visit with my brother. Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy the city!

city river Санкт-Петербург
city river Санкт-Петербург
city river Санкт-Петербург
city river Санкт-Петербург
city river Санкт-Петербург
city river people on a boat Санкт-Петербург
city river Санкт-Петербург
city river canal Санкт-Петербург канал
trees sunshine Санкт-Петербург солнце сквозь деревья
city Санкт-Петербург ворота
trees sunshine Санкт-Петербург солнечный свет сквозь деревья
city river canal Санкт-Петербург канал
city lights river night Санкт-Петербург ночные огни развод мостов


Are you taking a leap this summer? Are you starting a new chapter and moving, like me? As scary as it is, it’s also a lot of fun to share our hopes and dreams :) Tell me your story in the comments!